Friday, April 18, 2008

What a reason to cry...

Have you ever had tears in your eyes just because you saw simply awesome performance? I had not just tears, it was followed by good lot of crying..... I was watching a dance performance by group of artists on marathi dance show 'Eka Peksha Ek'. The music, the lyrics, the choreography and the dance... simple yet effective. But why did it make me cry? Number of reasons.
Any good performance by any artist has always attracted me, but dancing and acting are My Love. There are hardly anythings in this world that make me more happy than after watching or doing a good enacted dance performance. I am not a publicity incharge of it, but Eka Peksha Ek has had some extraordinary performances and some extra ordinary artists, they had made me choke a number of times. So this was why I choked to begin with.
Then, the song has this typical marathi folk music and reminds me of Pune, reminds me of Ganapti 'mirawnuk', reminds me of those days filled with energy and passion. In the days of non-creativity, the nostalgia of your most creative days is very very sickening. This performance brought those fond memories and that made me cry.
One more important reason was the thought that it would be so good to watch this performance with the dear ones, back in Pune. It was then that I remembered I had this blog. So I am sharing this experience with all of you, broadening my range of 'dear ones'. I am sure you all will respond back. Waiting for the response. Never said that before but from my soul.... Jai Maharashtra. Love, Aditi.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooooi..Veer Maharashtrian! Senti hooooo tum :)

I guess being an actor, your emotions are intense, maybe thats why!!!

But i guess that shows how great a performance it must have been.. Kudos to the team!!!

Adu Chips said...

yeah, u r right!!

Chips said...

Yup....agree with that!!! Has happened with me too!!!
Thats the power of performing arts...I guess!!!

k said...

i guess the arts are or have the language which speaks directly to the soul... and really moves...

Shilpa Ramesh Maiya said...

Yes
nostalgia does that to every person, when i was in Ahmedabad, i used to listen to marathi songs .... and there...a deluge!!:D

Gaurav said...

Yeah i agree with kedar... and i think for this media has to be given credit for allowing ordinary people to dream big.. not always they come true for everybody but definitely for somebody...other day i happened to watch one episode of that and there was Rodrick (i guess i am right) telling his story.. how people know him because of this program and how a guy from "chawl" is coming up.. and there was another boy from "chawl"-- Home Minister fame Bandekar... and your reaction towards their performance is the best compliment it deserves

vrushali said...

I have to comment being an artist...
Yes performing arts is impactful, but it gains power with true appreciation..

So the reason for those tears was also appreciation for the true talent!Talent for displaying true cultural India..talent to make an artist cry overseas!

Hence cheers not only to the team, but also the appreciator....