Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dance.... my stress buster

Dance, for last few years, has been my best friend!! I get immense pleasure in dancing..... I have no clue if the audience (if any) thinks the same. But I dance for my self. I have no formal training and I am extremely shy, when it comes to dancing alone in front of people except when I am dancing Cha Cha Cha. So you might be shocked to know that I dance everyday. Even my roomates will probably be shocked to know this. But I do and I am glad I do. Whatever my mood is, whatever my feelings are, whatever is on my mind, reflects in my dance on that particular day. I feel heavy if I do not dance regularly. I celebrate my happiness and my achievements. I release any negativity, any anger. I express my love, my care. And all this only through dance. It feels as if some abstract thing is slowly taking away any charge, positive as well as negative, on my mind and leaves behind neutrality. Neutrality is what we look for in our life right? Neutrality is what Krishna talks about when he mentions 'Sthitpradnya' in Bhagwat Geeta. I am not neutral by nature. Infact, I have most number of charges that anyone can I have. I am extremely delighted or extremely sad, there is no intermediate. So dance is a kind of meditation for me. And surprised was I, when I learnt that 'The Art of Living' basic course does have something called dance meditation in it. Cool isn't it? I learnt a way of meditation myself.
I am sure everyone has their own unique way of becoming neutral. The catch is in finding it, understanding it and using it!!

9 comments:

Arch said...

well said! good you found out ur way of reaching neutrality. keep it up!!!!

Sayali said...

arre u dance vattta?? sahich..actually i admire anyone who can wave both hands and feet at the same time!! See i m a person with both left foot and dance verrrrrrry awkwardly..so good going gal!! keep it up!! :)

Chaitali... said...

nice ddt! i totally agree with u n i do the same :)

Anonymous said...

I guess trying to be able to attain a state when you are neither too positive or too negative is what all the sadhu santh log do! So good luck on identifying your way to attain this neutrality!

JAI ADITI MATA KI!

Chips said...

Its a very well-written blog!!!!
I personally agree to most of the thoughts (I am ur bro....how can I agree to all the thoughts!!! :)) and its great that you found your way of meditation.
While meditating helps you achieve neutrality, I think its a temporary state. What saints really acheive is the state of permanent neutrality.
I think finding permanent neutrality is a step in the ladder. The first being getting away from negative feelings as fast as possible. Most people struggle there itself. The second step is going towards positive state of mind irrespective of the cause you are reacting to. That in itself is such a difficult thing to do and I beleive only a handfull of us achieve this state. After acheiving these 2 steps, one can really think of going to an even higher level of neutrality. And that is where you raise urself higher than the general human nature and abilities.
So along with this meditation (and its a very good thing to do!), I would like if you try to climb this ladder!!
What do you think?

Adu Chips said...

Thanks a lot dada!! Means really a lot to me!! I agree with what u saying, the ladder concept. I wud love if I am able someday to climb it but the reality is it is a long way to go!!

Gaurav said...

this reminds me of my visit to Osho Ashram. There they have a huge circular platform, where, when we visited, few people were dancing, few were just jumping and few were doing all sorts of things but without any rhythm. They call this platform (i don't remember the exact name)that releases the stress that is accumulated. So you do all sorts of things without any fear of feeling shy or ashamed, right in the middle of that place.
You are quite right about dancing for meditation..
keep dancing!!!

aolstamford said...

Hi Aditi,

Just came across your blog..and I do not know why it caught my attention..But after reading few of your posts, I felt..it somewhere struck my line of thoughts :-)
One common thread could be...mi pan punyachi aahe! Another was, I somewhere felt that you must have taken 'Art of Living' before. I have been practicing it for quite some time now and I must say you can start witnessing life as it comes, when you meditate everyday.

Keep up the work!!

-Ujjwala

Adu Chips said...

@ Ujjwala I have taken a basic 'Art of Living' session. It is useful indeed.
It was really nice of you to comment.. feels good to know someone with similar thoughts!!!