Monday, October 6, 2008

My opinion about 'Love'

I was listening to my favorite song 'Saiyyan'... sung by Kailash Kher..... but I badly wish to know who has written it!!! This song has something in it.... something i did not understand in the beginning, but got it after i had heard it more than 5 times. To most people, this song is a sad song where the writer is mourning over his/her lost love!! But to those who carefully listen to the words... this song is sure about lost love... but there is no mourning!! The poet has fantastically described the feeling of being in love and then losing it!! Makes me think...
True.. often one does not know how to react, after losing your love... some people react very well,some become indifferent, some others go into depression, some get frustrated with life and some become violent.
Like the poet/poetess, I believe love is a compound of feelings. It is a mixture of happiness, anxiety, care and many more feelings.... but sure not ownership!!! If you think you 'need' to own your love... I am sorry to say, but you are not in love. This, is that slight difference between love and infatuation. 
Love is something that is meant for you and you alone... and if you really love someone, you will not feel the need for it to be reciprocated!! Does not mean that you won't be happy if there is reciprocation, but there is no 'need' of it!! If loving someone makes you happy, how can anyone take away this happiness??? This happiness belongs to you.... not even that 'someone' is capable of taking it away without your permission. After one point, even if that someone is gone from your life and you decide to move on.... you will always remember how happy 'being in love' made you, this memory will help you in your bad times. This memory will help you understand so many people around you. Like the poet says at the end of the song... you can keep decorating this feeling like you will decorate a temple, till eternity!!! 


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love being in Love.. Relish this feel good factor!!! Well expressed!

Arch said...

Hey, i never thought this song was a sad one. In fact i never thought this is about a lost love. I belive this is just the expression of 'being in love'. She is deeply in love. She feels she belongs to 'her love', she feels great. Just that she is not with her love at the moment. :)

And me too..
I love 'love' itself.
Mujhe mohabbat se hi bohabbat hain. :)

Arch said...

this song is toooooo intense. directly touches my heart. not only the lyrics, the music is also touching..one of my everfavorites.. :)

Adu Chips said...

hmm... tum to hamare type ki ho... lekin woh video kitna sad hai, phir logon ne gaane ke views mein bhi aisehi likha hai... un logon ko bol rahi hoon main...

Unknown said...

good work. Khup chan lihla ahes and also its very true. Its really hard to understand what love is...till u stay away from it or lose it.

Now that you have understood it... its time for you to fall in love. What say? :P

narcoleptic said...

Good work I must say, but leaves me with a question. Where would you categorize the term "nostalgia"? I think being frustrated etc etc after jilted love is just a bad manifestation of nostalgia (which occurs more commonly in many lives). Those who get over it, become a saint.

PS: btw, I'm not a saint.

Adu Chips said...

@ narcoleptic: there is always a way to get out of nostalgia and that is 'let go' the past.. And after all what is 'nostalgia' remembering happy/good past right? I am trying to say is there is no need to be sad about that happy past.... but try to feel the same happiness again.
My experience, if you have this attitude.. the nostalgia will trouble you but for very less time. And believe me, I am very far from sainthood.

narcoleptic said...

@adu

The term nostalgia describes a longing for the past, often in idealized form. The word is made up of two Greek roots (νόστος nostos "returning home", and άλγος algos "pain"), to refer to "the pain a sick person feels because he wishes to return to his native home, and fears never to see it again". It was described as a medical condition, a form of melancholy, in the Early Modern period, and came to be an important topic in Romanticism.

--
Wikipedia

Adu Chips said...

@ narcoleptic: I do not understand how will that make any difference in what I wrote in my reply earlier!!
Btw, thanks for letting me know the exact definition of term 'nostalgia'.

Anuja said...

Hi Aditi.....
Post ekdum chan lihila ahes....I keep reading yr blog adhun-madhun...dunno how i missed this one....
Now that I have read it,somethings have come to light...Since past couple of months I have been in a situation where thr is no recognition or reciprocation, and at times I have wondered tht how come I am not bothered with the fact that there is no reciprocation.I thought that maybe i had become insensitive, some of my frnds have even gone onto say tht mine is typical girl mentality to wait for the guy to approach....but i was never bothered by this.
Now I knw... :)

Vishnupriya Hathwar said...

hey, did not know THIS side of you!!!
very nice put... specially the co-relation of love and happiness. well worded... liked it very much.

Swarup said...

Love is a feeling that stay's in your heart ... there is simply no moving on for this feeling.

If you or the other partner moves on ... then you gotta know that it was never love.

A very nice post. Read a couple of your other posts as well. Interesting I would say :-)

Adding you under my "Blogs I Read" section, just so that I am updated!!!

$warup

Chaitali... said...

thanks adu..felt awesome reading this...and felt satisfied and not thinking "why doesn't he..." :)